#9 Return Envelopes
A Tension return envelope - commonly known as a BRE, CRE or #9 - is designed to remain strong and sturdy during every step of an envelope’s lifecycle. Use a Tension reply envelope to maximize your envelope's performance and marketing capability. Your cash flow may depend on it.
Tension's #9 envelopes are small but mighty:
- Business Reply Envelopes (BRE) and Courtesy Reply Envelopes (CRE) make it easy for your customers to return payment.
- Nonprofit organizations find that including a #9 reply envelope improves direct mail response rates.
- A transpromotional message on your envelope promotes additional revenue opportunities.
- Improved Response Rates
- Easy Insertability
- Double Side-Seam Options
- Smooth Remittance
- Open or Sealed Windows
- Optional Inside Privacy Tinting
Coming and Going
Increase Response Rates
It’s simple – reply envelopes help increase response rates. The easier you make it for people to place an order, to donate or to pay a bill, the greater response you’ll receive from your mailing.
In fact, many businesses have found that using a business reply envelope improves their cash flow. Customers tend to mail back their payment more quickly if they don’t have to hunt around for an envelope and a stamp.
Tension’s #9 reply envelopes are designed to insert seamlessly into your outbound envelopes with customer statements, requests for donations and other promotional materials. A reliable reply envelope, like a well-constructed outer envelope, helps maximize the uptime of your insertion process.
Positively Impact Cash Flow
Once the reply envelope comes back to you, quickly extracting its contents helps positively impact your cash flow. Tension’s double side seam construction is highly compatible with automated extraction equipment, designed to remove payments quickly and minimize downtime-causing snags.
But that's not all – double side seams serve a double benefit. Just as the outbound, outer envelope allows an envelope to be a billboard for additional messages to customers, the #9 provides a message board as well. Double side seams maximize the printable space on the envelope's flipside. Use your #9 to:
- Advertise an upcoming promotion.
- Remind customers of an important date.
- Highlight a key message your company is trying to reinforce.
- Cross-sell, or feature transpromotional opportunities.
Tension bulk packs your #9s in cartons. This packing process minimizes repetitive motion activity of inserting machine operators, and keeps your insertion process running smoothly.
Concerned about the environment? Consider using an eco-friendly, all-in-one, two-way envelope that allows consumers to use the same envelope you sent to them as the return envelope. Not only eco-friendly but a cost saver for you too. Tension has many options for you to consider, so please refer to our eco-friendly products here.
- Can be made with a bangtail coupon for maximum cross-selling opportunities.
- A two-way RECOCHET envelope combines the outbound envelope with return envelope.
- Simple color coding with color bars of ink can speed sorting and application of cash to specific cost centers during the inbound remittance process.
- Explore different paper weights to favorably improve outbound mailing costs.
What Tension Customers are Saying
John Greenstreet , Manager, Creative Mailing Services CDS Global
Tension brings new ideas and envelope designs to our business. CDS Global can then introduce those ideas to our customers as options to increase magazine subscriptions or response rates. We’ve found this process to be very successful.
Milton Perry , Supervisor - Customer Billing Insert Operations CenterPoint Energy
The best benefit I’ve received from Tension is the ease of doing business. It is so easy with them because they are always available. I get a response a few minutes after I send an email or report to them. They often make me feel like I’m the only customer they have.