Two Sides Explodes Myths and Sets Out Facts About Print Media
Two Sides is a global initiative to help people gain a better understanding of why Print and Paper is a versatile and sustainable communications medium. Created in 2008 with members from the Graphic Communications Supply Chain, Two Sides works to creating an industry forum to work together, share experiences, improving standards and practices and maximize customer confidence in paper products.
Two Sides consists of members from companies from the Graphic Communications Supply Chain, including forestry, pulp, paper, inks and chemicals, pre-press, press, finishing, publishing, printing, envelopes and postal operators. Two Sides works to promote sustainability and dispel common environmental misconceptions by providing users with verifiable information on why print and paper is an attractive, practical and sustainable communications medium.
Led by sustainable and responsible forestry management, paper production and printing, Two Sides joins under a common purpose for the Graphic Communications Supply Chain. We live in a world where resources are scarce. However, paper and print are unique, recyclable and renewable resources that can be enjoyed for many generations to come. Two Sides is committed to ensuring paper and print remains a versatile, effective and powerful means of marketing and communication.
Two Sides is a nonprofit organization and works to reinforce confidence in the Graphic Communications Supply Chain by:
- Making it a condition of membership to adopt the Two Sides Principles
- Promoting an understanding of the environmental issues
- Promoting the sustainability of the Graphic Communications Supply Chain by publicizing positive steps
- Making facts and information concerning the industry's sustainability and performance available to all Stakeholders
- Reacting to inaccurate and misleading environmental statements made about the Graphic Communications Supply Chain by clearly setting out the environmental facts
- Better explaining and communicating the sustainability and effectiveness of Print and Paper versus the alternative media
- Seeking to be inclusive and extending membership opportunities throughout the industry
- Encouraging members to promote the adoption of sustainable business initiatives
Two Sides also actively supports responsible practices throughout the supply chain. Below is a list of the key initiatives:
- Responsible Sourcing of Materials
- Responsible Production
- Responsible Print and Design
- Responsible Consumption
- Responsible Disposal
Myth busters, white papers, and general information can be found at their website, www.twosides.info.